Sprinkles

Thursday, March 17, 2016

St. Patrick's Day...

...and yes, I remembered to wear green. Never let it be said that this Italian girl doesn't know how to dress and accessorize for this auspicious day.

It can indeed be said, however, that I've been skipping a bunch of days in this blog. Keeping up with my "A Puppy Named Savannah" blog has been an on-going process... a heartfelt and heart-rending endeavor that I've promised myself to continue until Savannah's one-year anniversary with us, which will be September 12.  Savannah's birth-date is April 12, so she's nearly a year old already... how time flies when you're raising a puppy.

Since Savannah's arrival in our household, I truly need more hours in a day for all I'd like to get done from sun-up to sun-set. Thankfully, we've set the clocks ahead so we get more daylight, which is most welcome. This is the first year in my entire adult life that I totally forgot to change the time... we woke up on Sunday morning with our clocks being one hour behind the time registered on our cell phones and computers. (Oh, what tech-y things have taken over our lives...)

I put up my little St. Patty's Day trees, filled with shamrocks and leprechauns... but I didn't make soda bread, nor did I have a dinner party asking everyone to wear green and bring some sort of green food (naturally green, not food-color green).  When I took out the St. Patty's decorations from the storage closet, some of them were sent to my cousin's daughter in Chicago and some went into my booth at the antique shop. I kept just the best and favorites... because you can't just breeze through St. Patty's Day without a few green shamrocks and cute little leprechauns.

Our Wednesday group of tea ladies (who now meet on Thursdays) got together today to make Christmas ornaments (not exactly a St. Patty's Day project, but we did that two Thursdays ago). With Easter being just two weeks away, I will probably not display most of the Easter/Spring decorations... just one or two little Easter trees filled with Radko-esque egg ornaments.  I've already gone through the boxes of Easter decorations and sent some porcelain bunnies and chicks to the children of my cousins, and brought some to the antique shop. For next Thursday's tea, we will be coloring Easter eggs, which will be a treat for most of us who haven't colored eggs in years.

It is nearly midnight as I'm typing. No matter how much daylight I have, it's never enough. It is also past the middle of March already, with April coming up quickly.  The wildflowers are blooming in the pastures and along the roadside and we have an eleven-month-old puppy who thinks that biting off the top of every bluebonnet she sees is an acceptable accomplishment.

I sometimes question my sanity at our decision to get another dog at this stage of our lives. But then Savannah puts her head in my lap and her paws on my knees and I think that maybe I'm not so crazy after all. (But when Savannah barks at two o'clock in the morning because a raccoon happens to walk across the porch, my sanity goes right out the proverbial window.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home