Sprinkles

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Rain, rain, and more rain...

...and everyone knows how much I hate rainy days, especially our puppy Savannah.  We haven't had much rain lately, so I know that we need it... but honestly, can't it fall between the hours of midnight and six o'clock in the morning when puppies are sleeping and don't have to be walked?

This deluge of rain came with an abundance of wind... so ridiculously windy that it was a chore just to walk up and down the hill with Savannah. And I would swear that this puppy loves the wind as much as she loves the rain... jumping in the wind, splashing in the puddles, taking her sweet blessed time as if she had nothing better to do than be outside in this stupid weather. These last few mornings, I have seriously asked myself if it was a good thing to get another dog.... (the answer always comes out to be 'yes' on that question).

Speaking of questions... my cousin F eMails me every night with the highlights and her opinions on the political debates which, like the rain and the wind, are in abundance at the moment. I must be the most apolitical person on the planet, because one way or the other, I just don't care. I've long ago come to the conclusion that the only thing that changes with each presidential election is the nameplate on the desk in the Oval Office of the White House.  So F gives me her daily take on the discussions and her opinions on the individual candidates. My cousin's eMails are far more interesting than anything that the network debates have to offer.

F and I have decided that whoever has been giving fashion advice to Hillary has just got to quit. As in Stop. Right. Now.  Those suits of Hillary's with the very long jackets and the over-sized pockets--- they went out of style decades ago with Captain Kangeroo, and they actually looked very good on the Captain but they look ridiculously clownish on Hillary. Finally, Hillary updated her hair and her make-up and started to wear some decent jewelry, but then all of that got buried by those enormous jackets. And if the FBI is still looking for missing/lost eMails of Hillary's, then they should start looking in those big pockets.

My cousin and I have decided that Cruz and Woody Woodpecker are long-lost brothers, Rubio needs to get out of the political arena till he grows up, Jeb needs to just stay in Florida where he belongs, and Trump (best-dressed with a NY attitude who can get anything done anytime and anywhere) just may run away with the upcoming election even though he will probably ruffle some political feathers along the way.

As for Kasich and Sanders.... both of them are like mosquitoes--- annoying, pointless, and they both should have just been slapped out of the race a long time ago. (Ditto for Hillary, but at least my cousin and I can talk about her outfits every night. This country may indeed need a woman for president, but we need someone with better taste--- in men, in values, and in truth.)

So ends a rainy day out here in the Hills.... the ground is soggy, the trees are dripping, the pond is full, the ant hills will be exploding out of the grass in a couple of days, and I still have a puppy who needs to be walked no matter how wet it may be outside. Oh goodie.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home