Sprinkles

Thursday, January 07, 2016

Thursday things...

Woke up at three o'clock this morning... not because Savannah was barking, but because I heard my husband get out of bed... then he was in his office on the computer... then he was getting back into bed to tell me what the stock market was doing in China... and then he got back out of bed because he couldn't sleep. By that time, I was wide awake also.

Did I really care what the stock market was doing in China? Of course not. I barely care what the stock market is doing in this country.

It's amazing what one can get done when the day begins at 3:00 in the morning. Now I understand why both of my grandmothers always got up at five o'clock every morning... they got so much done on the first floor of the house before anyone else came down the stairs.

As I type this, I can hear the train whistle from the next town.  And Savannah is sleeping through it, wonder of wonders. When she was a few months younger, she would wake up and bark at those trains all through the night.

Today is the first day of our Waldorf Wednesday teas, after taking a break during most of December because everyone was busy with the holidays. We've changed the day from Wednesday to Thursday, so now I guess we can call it 'Waldorf Wednesdays on Thursdays.'  Along with tea, we'll be doing some sort of craft project. I don't know yet if everyone will be doing their own individual craft, or if we'll all be working on the same items.  I've bought a bunch of beaded Christmas ornaments to make, enough for a bunch of Thursdays... and more than enough to share with everyone else if they don't bring crafts of their own.

The weather has been cloudy and drippy and cold lately.... the exact opposite of those warm and sunny days we had around Christmas. The temperature today is supposed to be up around 70 degrees, and the weather wizards have promised sun. I will believe it when I see it. We had pouring rain last night and the fog is so thick outside at the moment that I can barely see to the end of our driveway.

Our puppy Savannah now weighs 56 pounds... but somehow seems even heavier than that, especially when she's tugging at her leash when a neighbor's car or truck goes up the road. Savannah's mission in her puppy life is to protect me from other people and their vehicles, but she'd do better to just ignore the cars and trucks on the road. I'm hoping she will learn to do just that before my arms are stretched out to the point of no return.

I seem to be pouring more words into my 'A Puppy Named Savannah' blog... I've been writing in that particular blog more than the others, hoping to keep a chronicle of the first year of Savannah's life with us. 'A Puppy Named Savannah' is reading like a book, and I'm hoping to turn it into just that when this first year with Savannah is over. (To be followed by 'A Dog Named Savannah'?)

It's just after seven o'clock now... the fog is still thick out there, but at least it's light enough to take Savannah for her morning walk. I can hardly wait till we turn the clocks again... these short days are getting to me, as well as all of this cloudy weather. On the bright side... at least it's not freezing out there. And we don't have snow to worry about. And I only have one 56-pound puppy to walk, not two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home