Sprinkles

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

That orange cat.....

....... is back. Unbelievable. I am so ticked off I could just scream.

After over a year of having that blasted cat scratch and bite and behave so badly outside, I did what I hate other people doing.... drove him to the next town and set him down near cabins by the Lake. With help of friend C, we made sure he could find shelter and was not near any yards with dogs.... and we said goodbye to that ill-tempered, bad-mannered, impossible orange cat.

That was on March 12th. Today is the 24th, and that blasted cat was on the doormat this morning, right by the back door, meowing for his breakfast when my husband went downstairs to make coffee. I cannot believe this.  I cannot believe that orange cat. (He never had a name because I refused to call him my own, even after over a year of feeding him and trying to teach him some manners.)

So what did I do this morning when I saw him on the porch? I fed that blasted cat. He was skinny as he was the first time we saw him over a year ago. And he was meowing and crying and looking pitiful, of course...... and no, I did not pet him, because that's when he bites and scratches and carries on like a wild cat. Stupid orange cat........ stupid, stupid, stupid cat. He ate two bowls of Meow Mix.

As I type, I have again put that little cat bed into the cat carrier, right in the same spot on the orange cat's favorite chair..... hoping to once again catch him inside that carrier. And then I swear I'll drive that blasted cat to Oklahoma if I have to.   This orange cat is not going to just sit in that crate when he sees me.... if he does go into the crate, he'll be jumping out of that little bed as soon as I put one foot on the porch, just like he did last time. It was friend C who was able to close the little door on that crate as he slept in that little bed. I've already called C, who could hardly believe the orange cat found his way back either...... and I told her that I've got the little bed inside that carrier, and if she sees that blasted cat in there, please close that little door and start up her car because we'll be traveling again with that blasted orange cat.

I just cannot, cannot believe that orange cat found his way back here.....  he had to cross a main highway and railroad tracks to get here from the Lake. Unreal. Unbelievable. I could just scream.

And what did my husband say----  "Maybe you could sell this story to Disney."

Give me a blessed break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home