Sprinkles

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Picture this...

Taa-daaaaaaah.........

No, I did not become a computer wiz overnight..... my husband is the computer genius in this house and he posted that photo on my five Blog pages, plus my Pinterest page.  When I started my first Blog all those years ago (in 2004) I never thought of having my picture up here.

However, three thousand essays and stories later, not to mention millions of words... I figured what the heck... a lot of people in the US and other countries are following my Blogs and reading what I've been writing... maybe it's time to give a face to the name. So, for what it's worth... there's my happy face.

That photo was taken at one of our Halloween parties a couple of years ago.... hence the purple feathers on one of my favorite Halloween costume hats. When I'm not wearing that purple feathered hat, I put it on one of my vintage lady statues in the living room... so at least she (Victoria Scarlett) is decked out for the October holiday.  (Yes, all of my statues have names.)

My husband is now attempting to show me how to post my own photos on my Pinterest page. I was telling him that I was looking for different styles of place cards, and couldn't find any really nice ones that I would want to duplicate.  I've been making place cards for our dinner parties for years now, and I told my husband that I could probably post pictures of my own creations that other people would want to copy. "Ah ha," said he.... "Maybe it's time you learned how to use the digital camera and transfer the pictures to your computer."  Easy for him to say... he has a PhD in Computer Science. (And I can hear him now: "You don't need a degree to post a picture on the web.")

For those of us without such technical prowess with these blasted machines that I swear have minds of their own, it may be a while before I'm able to take the pictures (the easy part) and then hook up that little wire to the USB-thing so the pictures can magically go from the camera to my laptop... then I have to make a new folder, name the folder, get the photos into that folder, crop them and reduce them in size... and then decide whether or not to post them on my Blogs or my Pinterest page.

My husband just showed me all the steps not half an hour ago. My eyes glazed over after the wire-thing went into the USB-thing on the side of my laptop.

But.... there's my picture. Nice to meet you all, and thank you for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home