Sprinkles

Sunday, December 28, 2014

De-Christmas-ing the house...

This little elf has been busy taking down the Christmas decorations. Everything came out of the storage closet a little bit at a time, and that's how it is all going back in...... a little at a time. I've put away all the little Christmas trees from the second floor, except the one that doesn't fit into the storage closet unless I take off all the ornaments and fold up the tree. Not going to happen. That particular tree is done all in pastels (including the tree itself). It's filled with Victorian ornaments, and it sits on a table in the corner of my dressing room.... it looks very nice in that room, and that's where the tree stays, all year long.

Most of the kitchen and breakfast room has been de-Christmased, as is the foyer and the TV room. I'm working on the living room and the dining room, which has the largest decorations and the biggest explosion of Christmas, so those rooms take the most time.

I've also been spending a lot of time with my Pinterest page... and having a blast. I've found all sorts of good ideas for next Christmas... new ways to display the Santas and angels and nutcrackers. And those old original shelves in our dining room--- next year those built-in shelves will be filled only with little trees and Santas... a Christmas village right there in the dining room. Such a project will involve taking down all the cups and saucers and my collection of Royal Family china plates... but I'm sure the Queen will forgive me. After all, it's Christmas!

Jingle bells... Christmas has come and gone... all too quickly, as always. I've already done some shopping for next Christmas, which will be here in a heart-beat, just wait and see. But for right now, it's time to put away this year's decorations,.. Valentine's Day is right around the corner. (Ooooh, something else to look for on Pinterest.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home