Sprinkles

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Getting ready for turkey day.

I guess the count-down now begins... I've got the turkey defrosting in the fridge. Not exactly an entire turkey, with legs and wings and all of that, but the largest and most plump turkey breast that I could find.  I don't exactly enjoy cooking the whole bird, nor do I like having all of the dark meat that no one ever seems to eat. So this year, for the six of us at our dining room table, I will be asking our friends "Would you like white meat, or white meat?"

My husband will be making his oyster dressing (or 'stuffing,' as it's called up north).  That's always my favorite part of Thanksgiving... the dressing and the sweet potatoes. And pumpkin pie (which I will bake on Wednesday).  Can't have Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie. It's in the rule book somewhere.

The weather is gorgeous today... nearly 80 degrees and sunny, which is my favorite kind of Texas-winter day. So much better than the freezing weather of last week, which has found someplace else to go. We checked the weather station and it's supposed to be warm and very nice for the next ten days, so we'll have a warm Thanksgiving. I guess I won't be bothering with hot apple cider to go along with Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone here will most likely want iced tea (the official beverage throughout this state).

According to my calendar, there's just 33 more days till Christmas. Jingle bells... it's coming faster and faster every year, whether y'all are ready or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home