Sprinkles

Thursday, May 01, 2014

No, my cats are not spoiled.

There I was in the thrift store yesterday, looking for things to sell in my antique shop booth. At the front of the store was an upholstered child-sized chair.... it was sturdy and well-made and looked very comfy, and it also looked nearly new. The best part was that the fabric was very soft, and it was in that brown and white patchy cow pattern that's so popular in western designed furniture.

I looked at that chair and knew that I could re-sell that at a good price in my shop booth.  Into the car it went, and I brought it home to put a price tag on it and record it in my inventory book. Before I had a chance to do just that, Sweet Pea decided that the chair was just his size...... and he sat it in to try it out, then curled up into his cat-ball napping position, and he slept in it for two hours right there in the kitchen. So much for the new price tag and bringing it to the antique shop.

When Sweet Pea woke up from his afternoon nap, I moved the chair into the TV room.... with him following me.  I put the chair in the back of the room near the piano. Sweet Pea stood by the door and just watched me. Something told me it wasn't in the right spot.  So I moved it to the other side of the room, near the bookcase. Sweet Pea didn't move an inch.  Then I moved it near the TV, and Sweet Pea walked right over to it. 'His' chair is positioned so that when he's in it, he can see us sitting on the sofa, or he can see the birds outside the windows. And he can also watch TV from that chair now (he likes the cooking shows.)   It was just so funny that as soon as I set the chair down in that spot, Sweet Pea walked over to it, curled up in his napping position, and went to sleep again.

I guess Sweet Pea's chair is in the right spot.  As I said.... No, my cats are not spoiled. Not a blessed bit.  I can see it now... my husband will be in his chair in the TV room, Sweet Pea will be in his little chair, and they'll be fighting over the remote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home