Sprinkles

Saturday, November 09, 2013

Texting... one... two....

For someone who really didn't know how to send a text on my cell phone, I do believe I have got it down pat now.  And the reason for my new-found talent....... all the texts that C and I have been sending back and forth since she got her horse.

When C told me that the horse had been named "Hatchet," I wasn't all that thrilled.  Even though I know perfectly well that it's her horse, I also know perfectly well that she would never have chosen that name, especially for such a sweet horse.

Back and forth the texts have been going, from my phone in the Hill Country to her phone in Clear Lake... sometimes starting at 6:00 in the morning.  C has been waking up at 4:00 every day and then spending at least an hour with her horse before she gets to work in the morning.  She's young and in love, without a doubt.

She wanted an American Indian sounding name, and also something that could possibly keep "Hatch" in the name, which is what she has been calling her horse, instead of that awful "Hatchet."  (Who names a horse after a weapon anyway?)   C and I have been sending texts back and forth for two days now...... just one word texts with a possible name.   Cinnamon?  Cheyenne? Comanche? Moonstruck? Geronimo? Apache? Navajo? Butterscotch?  (I'm sure C fell down laughing when I texted that one. Her horse is a butterscotch color, which is why I suggested it.)

Very late last night, C sent me another one word text.  "Tallahatchie."  She didn't put a question mark after that name, so I knew it was the one.   I said the name out loud a few times before replying to her text.  Sounds like an American Indian name.  It keeps the 'Hatch' in the name so the horse won't get too confused.  And just about anything would sound better to me than Hatchet.

So Tallahatchie it is...... and his official birthday is now November 8th, which is the day that C got  the signed adoption papers for her horse.  In my book of "Birthdays to Remember," I wrote down Tallahatchie on the page for the 8th of November.

At 6:00 this morning, my cell phone chimed as a text message came in..... before I even looked at the phone, I knew it was from C.

C:  Today is National Adoption Day.
L:  Great. I will adopt both you and Tallahatchie.
C:  Yaaaay.   :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home