Sprinkles

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Halloween comes....

.... and Halloween goes.   We had lots of rain this morning and I didn't go anywhere until later this afternoon when the sun came out. (Heaven forbid I get my sweet little car wet if I can help it.)   I spent the morning taking down all the Halloween decorations..... our party was on Saturday night, we don't get trick-or-treaters out here, so I didn't think The Great Pumpkin would mind if all of the Halloween décor got packed into their boxes and put away in the storage closet.                                                                                                   
Wonder of wonders, everything fit into the same number of packing boxes, so my one-thing-in/one-thing-out rule worked just fine.  I did buy some new Halloween items this year, but as the new ones came in, an equal number of the older ones went into my space at the antique shop.  Looking at the inside of our house right now, you'd never know that Halloween was even here. Trust me... Halloween was here with a passion.

As I was packing away the black cats and pumpkins and witches, I got to thinking about the costumes that were worn at last weekend's party.  The one that stuck out in my mind was our friend G dressed up as Santa's Mistress.  She wore a bright red blouse, a Santa hat, a long blonde wig, black and red zebra-striped slacks, black boots, and lots of big flashy jewelry.  We gave her a big purple ribbon for Best Costume... which was especially fitting because she kept in character for most of the night, making everyone laugh. (With apologies from here to the North Pole to Santa.)

So I got to thinking that wouldn't it be funny...... for our next year's Halloween party...... if Santa's wife came to the party looking for Santa's mistress.  I think that would be so funny.... and I already have a pair of red high heels and a Santa hat, and lots of flashy jewelry to 'show off' to the mistress.... all I need is the perfect red dress.  We're not talking about a run-of-the-North-Pole Mrs. Santa here.... we're talking about a city-girl Mrs. Santa in a spectacular red dress... no apron, no cookies, no hot chocolate.

I've already started to look for the red dress..... it may take a while to find just the perfect one, but when I do, Santa's Mistress had better look out.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home