Sprinkles

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Blog this way.......

As if I don't have enough to write about here, I've started two new blogs, with an idea for a third that I haven't begun yet.  The way to find the links to the new blogs is to click on the 'View Complete Profile' line on this page, and that profile page will list all the blogs.

One of the new blogs is "Country Life.... City Wife."  Note the 4 little dots, which distinguishes it from other blogs with similar titles. It seems, wonder of wonders, that I'm not the only city-girl that has been taken hostage by a peaceful country property with an adult-sized Victorian doll-house sitting in the middle of it.  I'm trying to scribble something in that blog every day, to remind myself of why we moved here in the first place.... to catalog both the joys and trials of country living.... and to also remember that I still have high heels in my closet even though they don't often see the light of day out here.

The other blog is "Popcorn Whispers and Rose Petals."  This blog is for short stories.... some will be blessedly true to life, others will be the ramblings of my imagination.  Quite possibly, there will be some stories that will be a mixture of both.  Short stories...... in my high school yearbook, my favorite teacher of all time (Mr. W. St. Hill) wrote:  "Best wishes to L, the short story writer."  One of my stories had been published in the school's literary magazine during my senior year, and he was so proud of that.  Such a perfect teacher he was..... he never had to command respect in front of his classroom because we all gave it to him gladly, for the simple reason that he respected all of us.   So, Mr. St. Hill.... if you're out there somewhere, I hope you like these stories..... and I do apologize for never getting out of the habit with 'those dots....."

My dear friend Fran was the one who got me started on blogging. Fran discovered the blog-spot and started to read some of the more interesting ones.  Fran knew that I loved to write, and she thought having a blog would be such a good outlet for me.  Not only was it an outlet, it proved to be the perfect release.... all those words and paragraphs swimming around in my head all day long...... they just had to go somewhere, and this was the perfect solution.

Fran used to read my blogs every day.... and she would either leave comments or send me an eMail about them. I miss her terribly..... she passed away two years ago and I think of her every day, every day.  I would like to believe that she's still able to read my blogs, and I hope she still likes them. I also hope Fran knows that I've been sending her granddaughter books and books and more books. Fran's wish was that her grandbaby would develop a love for language and books.  Fran passed away just two weeks before the birth of her grandchild.  Sometimes things happen that are very strange, and very sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home