Sprinkles

Monday, August 26, 2013

Swan Song for August.....

.... and as I type this, it's raining outside. Real honest-to-goodness wet rain. Not just a few drops, but a soft and steady rain.  Finally.... the weather gods have recognized this part of Texas.

We have truly stopped talking about the poodle puppy. However.... we did go into town this weekend, to WalMart (where puppy sellers abound every Saturday and Sunday). We didn't see the lady with 'our' Winnie The Poohdle, but if we had, I was prepared to grab the steering wheel away from my husband and insist that we take a look-see.  Luckily, that didn't happen.  And, being that the poodle lady wasn't there in the parking lot, I'm guessing (I hope correctly) that she did indeed find a good home for that last little puppy of hers.  There were two people there under a tree by WalMart, with a crate of dogs for sale.... I'm sure they were puppies, but they looked about as big as any dog that I would be interested in. They weren't cute at all.... although that might not be fair. Winnie The Poohdle is going to be hard to beat in the cute department.

On to other things........ Happiness Boxes.  I've already made five of them for my aunt in Chicago, plus I made one to keep for herself.  When she saw the Boxes that I made for R's children, and the one I made for P and his wife, she was very interested.... she kept saying that she could give them to her church-lady friends, and to her mail-lady...... and I knew she wanted one of her own but she didn't come out and ask for one.  I found a wooden box in the shape of a woman wearing a plaid dress..... she had a hat on, and was holding a coffee pot in one hand and a mug in the other.... the face on the painted lady just reminded me of my aunt, so I knew that would make the perfect Happiness Box for her.  My aunt called me the other day..... she got all the packages..... each of the boxes is unique and now she has to decide which box to give to which friend. Decisions, decisions....   She was as excited as a little kid on Christmas morning..... it was very nice to hear.  My aunt told me that she has a lot of friends...... I told her I'd be making more Happiness Boxes for her.    The Happiness Jars have turned into Boxes, for the simple reason that the boxes are lighter in weight, easier to mail, and they won't break along the way.

Today was check-up day at the doctor...... I like the doctor here very much..... she's thorough, doesn't keep you waiting past your appointment time, gives you plenty of attention for your questions.  I have to go back for the blood tests, on a day when I haven't eaten anything for breakfast.... and then they'll take enough blood for all those tests that tell them everything they need to know about you, and then some.  It's the "and then some" that can get your nerves up.  I didn't sleep well at all last night, tossing and turning about the appointment this morning.  But it always goes fine.... I don't know why I worry..... worrying is such a waste of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home