Sprinkles

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saturday stuff...

The painting up on the third floor is finished....... it really looks like a room now.  And it's a room with a view!  I didn't realize how far you can see from the windows up there...... out into our pastures, far into the woods surrounding our property, and further still out over the hills.  Truly a bird's-eye-view from those third floor windows.

I need to quit calling it 'the third floor.'  Now that the painting is done, the electrician will be back next week to install the light fixtures...... we've picked out the flooring...... and we've talked to the construction man about building bookshelves all along both sides of the room.  When all of that is done, the third floor will really be 'the library.'    Sounds much better than the third floor.

As I type this, I'm working on a new laptop. My other one just up and died this morning...... it had been making weird noises for the past few days...... wouldn't turn on properly....... took forever to do one simple task..... my husband said the other night to 'jiggle it' when it wouldn't start.  Well, I guess I jiggled it a bit too much last night and the top separated from the bottom.  That's about when it died. And all the king's horses and all the king's men... couldn't put it back together again.

Off we went to look at new laptops.  My husband found this one...... the screen is a little bigger than the one I had..... it's faster (a Pony Express horse and buggy was faster than that old laptop) and so far, it's working well.   This page for the blog looks very different than the one I typed on before, so I don't know how this will look when I hit that 'publish' button up there.

If you see a Toshiba laptop flying through the air in a few seconds, you'll know why....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home