Sprinkles

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Another rainy day......

..... and still more painting..... I finished the wainscoting on the island today-- the hard part with the bookshelves at the end. Everything there looked fresh and new, except for the side with the cabinets. My husband wasn't too pleased when I told him I was going to paint the cabinets on my next painting day. "All of these cabinets? I thought you were just going to paint the bottom half of the wainscoting in here?" (Did I say that? I think I did.)

But then I looked at the cabinets..... all of them. An awful lot of cabinets to paint, and some have glass fronts, with small panes of glass on the doors. How on earth would I paint those without making a mess or taking three months to finish? Maybe he's right. (Did I say that?)

I got out the box of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers..... truly magic, whatever is in those soft little sponges. I used them on all of the cabinets of the island.... they look like new-- like they were just painted. Why on earth would anyone want to paint cabinets that look so fresh and new? Then I cleaned all the rest of the cabinets..... they look brand new. So what if they're white.... they're clean and fresh and I don't have to paint them. Bottom line.... I'm not painting the cabinets..... just the bottom half of the wainscoting that's all around the kitchen. And the breakfast room. And the little hallway going from the kitchen to the breakfast room. One wall at a time... when it's done, it's done. "Whitened Sage" wainscoting with white cabinets. Sounds perfect to me.

Speaking of purr-fect...... the stray cat was just out on the porch a little while ago. Gatsby is in the house, staying out of the rain..... so it was the perfect chance for the stray cat to eat. That cat has been eating two meals a day now, thanks to the rain that keeps Gatsby inside for part of the afternoon. "That cat" needs a name, even though it's a stray. I've been telling my cousin F about the stray... she's a cat-lover also, and of course she agrees that every cat needs a name, whether it's a stray or a keeper.

I think the stray is a female.... in that case, I'm calling her "Lady Ga-Ga," just because Gatsby goes ga-ga whenever he sees her and he chases her away from the food dish out there. (Gatsby's world is all about food.) If the stray happens to be a male cat, then I will call him "Stevie Wonder," because that poor cat eats his meals wondering where Gatsby is.... and will he get to finish his food before Gatsby pounces on him?

Stray cats.... they all find their way here.... and of course I feed them because I can't stand the thought of a lost and lonely cat having nothing to eat but grass and chicken feed. As my dad used to say--- if God is a cat, then I've got it made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home