Sprinkles

Saturday, April 02, 2011

It's April already?

Once again, the weeks are flying by too quickly.

Our friends V & S stopped by the other day... they were up here in one of the nearby towns, checking out some of the antique shops. I told V that she has no room in her house for anything else, but V has her own system with antique shopping-- the item has to be vertical (like a floor lamp) or it has to hang on the wall. If it takes up floor space, then that just won't do.

V's son is getting married in the summer, up in Austin, so we'll be going to the wedding. Weddings, of course, mean that you have to find a dress-- I looked in my closet first, but the wedding-appropriate outfits that I found in there just weren't light and cool enough for a summer wedding.

An afternoon in town, three hours in one store, and I found two dresses-- both on sale (two for the price of one) so I bought them both. When V was here, I showed her my choice for her son's wedding, and she approved... she especially loved the red heels to go with the dress. V had sent me a web-link photo of her mother-of-the-groom dress... she's going to look just beautiful in champagne-satin with beaded cuffs on three-quarter sleeves. I told V's husband that he'd better make sure to look 'extra fine' for his son's wedding because he'll be standing next to V and she's going to be gorgeous.

The cows in the neighbor's fields have stopped their moaning and his goats haven't gotten stuck in the fence lately. The quail in our yard are still here... I see them every morning after breakfast. There must be a nest around, and I've looked for it but can't find it. One good thing-- the cats haven't found the nest either, nor are they bothering the quail. The weather has been picture-postcard beautiful. April is starting off very well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home