Sprinkles

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Welcome Back........

It's been a while....... I ended my blog shortly before we moved here to the Hill Country. My laptop had imploded (not a good thing) and my husband couldn't find the problem and I didn't have time to type anyway because I was busy packing boxes, boxes, and more boxes. Amazing how much stuff you can get into a 2500 sq. ft. house in thirteen years.

When all was said and done, over 200 boxes were packed, and we moved everything to our new home in the Hill Country of Texas. My laptop came with us back in May, but it wasn't till just last week when it was up and running a being a laptop again, rather than a big gray paperweight.

My fingers have been itching to write. I thought it was time to quit all of this, but I was wrong. I've missed the blog-writing... and even thought of keeping a journal (a written journal) but then I decided that typing is faster than writing, and where do you keep all those journals after you have filled them up? We have enough books in this house as it is.... I don't need to be finding shelf space for journals. Our new home sits on twenty-three beautiful acres in Brenham. Quite a difference from the quarter-acre that we had back in the Clear Lake subdivision. It's been an adjustment, to say the least, but a good adjustment.

There is a lot to write about this house (built in 1907) and the town (home of Texas-famous BlueBell Ice Cream)..... we are finished singing the theme song to the old "Green Acres" television program. Been there, sung that. These past couple of weeks has been the beginning of normalcy here. My laptop is finally working, there is nothing left to unpack, my fingernails are growing back after the abuse of packing tape, cardboard boxes and bubble-wrap, and I even have time to put on nail polish again.

My husband and I had a great night at one of the neighbor's homes this evening... having dinner, meeting new friends, playing cards, and laughing a great deal. I'm sure that when we all said good-night, we were all thinking how fortunate we all are to be living in the midst of these rolling hills on this part of the planet. Field of Dreams. That is the name we have given to our home and the property. We are thrilled to be here on these acres, thankful to be right here in this town, in this state, in this country.

As George Dawson would say (and did say in his book of the same title): "Life Is Good." Amen, George. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home