Sprinkles

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Yard sale shamrocks.

Stopped at two yard sales yesterday morning... at one of them, I found two Syracuse China platters.... beautiful white porcelain with gold trim, and tiny green shamrocks dancing around the edges of the plates. Perfect for St. Patty's Day, and of course I bought them. Two things in, two things out..... I went through my plates when I got home and took two of them out of my buffet to take to the consignment shop.

I brought Miss C to the DPS (Dept. of Public Safety) to get her driver's license renewed yesterday. The rule is that until you reach 18 yrs. of age, the license has to be renewed every year... they charge just $5.00 for that. Guess they do it to make sure the teens keep driving, and don't get any citations posted against their licenses.

C didn't want to go home afterwards... she asked me twice if she could come to our house after the DPS, so of course I said yes. On the way home, we stopped at a Cajun Deli and bought take-out dinners to bring back with us. I didn't exactly feel like cooking for three when we got out of the DPS, and the Cajun food was a nice treat.

While I was waiting for the to-go orders, C was browsing through the gift items in the deli. Before we left there, she told me to close my eyes and hold out my hand, and when I did, she put a pink beaded L-shaped key ring in my hand..... then gave me a big hug for taking her to the DPS for her license. Such a sweet kid. Not only does she love surprises for herself, but she also loves to give surprises.

No yard sales for me this morning...... I'm sure there were some out there, but I didn't wake up early enough and besides that, I had enough to do today, with getting ready for tomorrow's St. Patty's Day lunch. The Irish soda bread is made, the spinach/cheese mixture is set to be spooned into the pastry cups, my husband has made his famous bacon & cheese mashed potatoes...... and the dining room table is all set and looks positively green and beautiful. I've still got some last-minutes things to do tomorrow morning.

Gorgeous day today...... nearly 90 degrees, and tomorrow promises to be more of the same. Perfect weather..... as it should be here at this time of the year. Finally, the weather gods are paying attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home