Sprinkles

Saturday, December 01, 2007

"Because I'm the mom, that's why."

I was flipping through television channels yesterday looking for something to listen to while I sat there and let my fingernail polish dry. On Channel 12, Dr. Phil had a woman named Anita Renfroe. I don't watch that show, but I heard Dr. Phil's wife introducing this woman who was going to sing her litany of "everything that a mother says every day of her life."

Sounded interesting, so I didn't change the channel. What followed was Anita Renfroe singing her mom-things to the tune of "The William Tell Overture." Funny, funny, funny..... there is just no other word for that performance. You have to listen carefully, and you will find yourself holding your breath and trying not to laugh out loud because you don't want to miss a word of what she's singing.

I told my husband about the "mom song" when he got home, and he found it on the Internet and down-loaded it. It was even funnier the second time around, and I'm sure anyone who's really a mom could listen to it over and over again. Funny stuff, and very touching... we had tears in our eyes when it was over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home