Sprinkles

Monday, November 13, 2006

It's Monday again....

...... and the Mondays seem to come along quicker and quicker as each month goes by. So hard to believe that Thanksgiving is next week already. And I know what that means-- Christmas will be here in a heartbeat.

I was at the post office this morning, with eBay packages and Christmas gifts. Only five people in front of me when I walked in there, but by the time I left, there must have been two dozen people on that line. You'd think they would put more clerks behind the counter at this time of the year. Just two ladies working that counter this morning.... they could've used two more. The packages were piled up behind the counter waist-deep and the woman who waited on me said that the Christmas rush has already begun. And my husband laughed at me when I told him that I was going to start mailing out Christmas gifts.

Young Miss C was here after school today. She was supposed to go home with a friend of hers, but her friend wasn't being too nice in school this afternoon, and C didn't want to spend any more time with her today. She called me up when the final bell rang and I was glad that I was here to go and get her. The backpack that C carries weighs a ton, plus she had cookie-boxes that she needed to deliver. The band and Color Guard were selling boxes of cookie-dough mix to raise money for their groups.

We went out for dinner tonight.... to Babbo Bruno's. Our friend K wasn't working.... she has college classes on Mondays. We'll have to remember that. The food was delicious, but it's just always nicer when K is there. We spoke to the owner tonight.... he came by our table to talk after we had finished dinner. He's looking forward to moving into his newer and larger restaurant after the first of next year. We're hoping that all goes well with this move. His current restaurant seems to be just the right size. Not too big, not too small. Granted, it's very crowded at holiday times, and people have to wait for tables. But that's only during the holidays.... it's the perfect size otherwise. So my husband and I hope that he doesn't over-extend himself by getting a bigger restaurant. Even young Miss C is hoping that the restaurant doesn't lose it's "cozy feeling" when they move.

You've lost that co-zy feel-ing.......... a la the Righteous Brothers. (Now I won't be able to get that song out of my head.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home