Sprinkles

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Sick Day for Young Miss C

I was supposed to pick up C after school today because her mom had doctors' appointments downtown and wouldn't be home till after dinner-time. But C had a sore throat this morning and she didn't go to school.... her mom called me early this morning to tell me that she was going to let C sleep in and she asked me to call and check up on her during the day.

So I drove into League City....... got my hair trimmed and stopped by to see J at the antique shop. Of course, I found a beautiful porcelain pumpkin there (half-price after the holiday) so I bought that and put it up in the cabinet for next year's Halloween party.

I phoned C at noon-time to see how she was feeling....... She had slept late, made herself breakfast and taken a shower and she felt better. I asked her if she wanted to stay home or come to my house.... I also told her I had to stop at Kroger for a few things, but she said she wanted to come along. She called her mom on her cell phone to tell her she'd be with me, so off I went to get her.

One of C's friends got her homework for her, so we picked up the assignments and she brought her books to my house and she got busy with that and she was done by the time her parents came to pick up her. C was with me from just after noon-time till around seven o'clock tonight.... she helped me put away the groceries.... my husband helped her with her geometry homework. While we were walking around Kroger, C asked me if we (meaning she and I) could bake pies together for Thanksgiving dinner. She wants to make pumpkin pie and apple pie. So while we were at the store, I got everything I needed for the pumpkin pie, and I told her that I'd buy fresh apples as we got closer to Thanksgiving.

C is all excited..... she can't wait to make the pies.... can't wait for Thanksgiving.... can't wait till Christmas.... then she realized how fast the holidays will be here and gone, and she wanted to know how she could slow everything down a little bit. I told her that just about everyone on the plantet would like to slow things down a bit, but it just doesn't happen that way.

During the afternoon, C looked around my sitting room at the little miniatures in the curio cabinet. She knows which ones I've had since I was a little girl.... my dad used to buy them for me with nickels and dimes.... now they sell for quite a few dollars. C also asked if she could peek into an Oriental jewelry box that I keep in my sitting room.... there was a little ring in there that belonged to my husband's mom.... I was going to give that to C because it has her birthstone in it, but I wasn't sure if she'd like it or not. C oohed and aahed over the ring when she saw it and asked me if she could try it on.... it fit her perfectly and she loved it. She started to put it back into the jewelry box and I told her to keep it right on her finger.... I told her that it belonged to my husband's mom and she would be very pleased to see it on C's finger rather than just sitting in my jewelry box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home