Sprinkles

Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Gizmo Guys

We went to the local college last night, to see a performance by "The Gizmo Guys." Two men with a comedy and juggling act........ the program said they have performed in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, to name just a few cities.

They were good, both with their juggling and with their comedy routines, but I have to wonder just where they performed up in NY. Given all the talent in that city, I would imagine that The Gizmo Guys are an opening act up north, not the main attraction. Most of their routines were very good, some of it was a little "lame," to use my husband's word. However, the tickets were just $5.00 each, so it's not like we paid top-dollar for a night out. It was fun, something different to do.


Gorgeous day today..... not as warm as yesterday, but it's sunny and bright and clear. We drove to the local park with Gracie and let her run around there for a while as we walked. When she got in the car, she settled down into the back seat and I'm sure she thought we were going to the lake. Our park here is just about a ten-minute ride away, so I think she was disappointed not to be on her own property and chasing her own ducks. Where's my lake? Did you forget how to get up there?

Lots of families in the park today, most of them there for birthday parties. That's a popular thing to do down here.... arrange a kid's birthday party in the park. They hang up colorful pinatas from a tree, decorate the picnic tables with birthday tablecloths and either barbeque the foods or bring food in coolers. No muss, no fuss in the house, and the kids can play as hard as they want to in the park. One of the birthday groups today had a pinata shaped like a lady-bug, and the tablecloth was covered with a lady-bug design as well. Cute theme for a little girl.

I took some time this morning to wrap up the rest of the holiday gifts that need to be mailed out, and then I wrote out our Christmas cards. I wrote notes in some of the cards to our friends, telling them that we wouldn't be giving a big Open House Christmas party this year. I didn't want people to think we were giving the party and not inviting them. Our idea is to get together with small groups of friends and neighbors for coffee/tea/desserts.... so we'll see how that works out during the month of December, after we put up the big tree.

The rest of the Christmas decorations are all out now.... we'll get the big tree right after Thanksgiving. I should suggest to my husband that he ask young Miss C to go with him. I think she'd enjoy helping him pick out the tree. The first couple of years, my husband and I went together, but now I just stay home and keep my fingers crossed that he doesn't come back with a 25-foot tree. Our methods of shopping (for anything) are very different. When I see what I want, I buy it and stop looking. My husband doesn't make a decision until he sees everything, every last blessed thing.

Shopping for a Christmas tree like that can get frustrating for me. After the 14th tree, they all start to look the same. But my husband enjoys looking at each and every tree, so I just let him go and enjoy himself. So far, the tallest tree he's brought home has been about 12-feet high. That tree was so big that the tree-guy gave my husband the keys to the market's truck so he could bring the tree home. Jingle bells.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home