Sprinkles

Thursday, December 08, 2005

How Low Can It Go?

The temperature has been dropping all afternoon.... the evening news said to "bring all pets and livestock indoors, if at all possible, because we're going to get down to the freezing level overnight."

Oh goodie. Just what I need... four cats with cabin fever because it's just too cold out in the backyard and out on the screen-porch. So far, they've been good all day. Rusty is still in the laundry room, although he was out in the yard for a little bit while the sun was out, and so was AngelBoy.

ShadowBaby was out on the porch for a while, but he didn't last long out there once the sun started to set. Mickey Kitty is still in our bedroom suite, except for a little walk around the kitchen and breakfast room. He also peeked through the baby-gate at Rusty, probably wondering why Rusty was "in jail."

I had to put one of the larger litter-boxes in the laundry room for Rusty, since he's too big for the smaller ones, which have covers on them. Rusty can probably squeeze himself into one of those covered boxes, but I'll bet the farm that he couldn't possibly turn himself around inside of them. He'd have to back himself out, for goodness sake.

Should be an interesting couple of days, if this cold doesn't let up. I will have to re-think my plan of keeping all the pets on the screen-porch during the party. I'm thinking that I can keep Gracie in my husband's office, and put up the baby-gate at the doorway, so she won't feel so closed-in. If the door is open and she can at least see out into the hallway, she won't be barking at whoever she hears on the other side of the door. Plus, she'll be able to see out of the front windows. (Which could mean she might be barking at whoever comes up the path to the front door. Oh goodie.)

All the cats can be put into the laundry room, and I will just have to keep the door closed. They won't like being in there, and I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that Mickey Kitty doesn't fight with ShadowBaby. Or.... I can keep Mickey Kitty in my husband's office with Gracie and just shut that door as well.

Or......... the Weather Gods can send our 80-something-degree temperatures back and we can resume life as we know it down here in southeast Texas, for goodness sake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home