Sprinkles

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Pillsbury.... and Spanish Lessons

The bread machine finally arrived, and wouldn't you know it.... the seller didn't include the recipe booklet and the instructions. I eMailed her, she eMailed me... she's looking for the booklets. She will mail them to me as soon as she finds them. (Translation: don't hold your breath.)

I've already called the Pillsbury company... they will mail me the booklets as soon as they get my check, to pay for the items and the postage. Fine. My check will be in tomorrow's mail. In the meantime, I will telephone R up in Magnolia and ask her to give me the ingredients for the bread she made while we were up there during Hurricane Rita. At least I'll be able to make sure this bread machine really works. The seller assures me that it works just fine. (Translation: I'll believe it when I smell the bread baking.)


Spanish lessons......... I had a visit from one of our neighbors whom I haven't seen in a while. We've seen each other and waved as we come and go, but we haven't had the chance to chat in a couple of months now. She popped in the other day, and we got to talking about what we've been doing. I told C that I've been trying to teach myself to speak Spanish, but haven't gotten very far. Not enough time, not enough incentive--- until I see someone who speaks very little English and I wish I could communicate with them. Not to worry, says C.... she will be glad to help me learn Spanish. C was born in Mexico City. Her Spanish is fluent and flawless, her English is charmingly sprinkled with her accent.

C says that it will be easy for me to learn if I try it a little at a time, and set my mind to speaking only Spanish to her, once I get going with this. So we will give it a try.... between her busy schedule and mine, we should be able to squeeze something in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home