Sprinkles

Monday, June 13, 2005

Monday, Monday

Why is it that when you write a word once, it looks just fine. But write it twice or more, and it looks like something is wrong with it. As in the above title......

Anyway....... hot one today again. Close to 100, or maybe even over it. Same is due for tomorrow. Let's see.......... this heat wave should last till at least the early part of November.

We drove downtown to the Science Museum yesterday, to see an IMAX film on India. Beautiful, breath-taking movie of a country filled with happy people enjoying colorful celebrations in cities rich with magnificent architecture. Sure was a different view of India than the one depicted on The Amazing Race this past season. The couples in the Race weren't anywhere near The Taj Mahal, I'm sure.

On the ride to and from the Museum District, I took some notes while my husband was driving. This way I'll be able to get there by myself, should I ever want to. Up till now, we always go together, and my husband always drives. I normally spend the time talking and looking around, and not really paying attention to where we're going.... unless I'm behind the wheel myself, of course. I keep a little address/notebook in my purse, filled with phone numbers and directions. My husband saw me transcribing my directions to the Museum in my notebook this afternoon, and he said: "Well, if it isn't Christopher Columbus.... sail straight to Spain and take a left......." (Everyone's a comedian.)

Not much doing today, unless you count all the errands: the bank, the cleaners, the dollar store, the supermarket. The drive to and from the supermarket is wonderful. The whole grocery-shopping experience within the store is the pits. Between the crying babies, the people on their cell-phones, and the woman who left her shopping cart right behind my car (when she saw me right next to her putting grocery bags in my car!)........ I swear, some people are just plain rude. Which is the exception to the rule down here. (Rule #4: Transcend other people's stupidity.)

This Friday is our Charades party, so I'm starting to get ready for that. The party to-do list is on the kitchen counter, and I'll be crossing things off the list every day till party day. And, as I always do on our party days, I ask myself: "What if no one shows up?" But they always do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home