Sprinkles

Friday, June 17, 2005

The Bubble Machine

Tonight is Charades night..... I've been getting everything ready all morning long and needed a break. Still some things left to do, but the items on my to-do list not yet checked off are things that I have to do within an hour or so of the party.

I took the bubble machine out of the closet this morning. Great little machine that you fill up with liquid-bubble mix..... it runs on electricity and spews out hundreds of bubbles for a few hours. I usually set it up in the flower bed by the front walkway and it always makes everyone smile--- they all walk in the door smiling and stay smiling. I forgot all about it the night of our last party, and that was the first thing that our friend Bill said when he walked in the door: "Where's the bubbles?"

So tonight we'll have bubbles... but Bill has already moved to Dallas. I doubt very much that these bubbles will find their way from Clear Lake to The Big D.

I cooked up some party foods that I haven't served for Charades before.... those eggplant rolls (filled with ricotta cheese and sun-dried tomato pesto); crescent rolls filled with sliced turkey and swiss, then rolled in grated cheese. I also made a small pot of baked beans, and my husband is going to The Greek Deli for their homemade green beans (wonderful beans cooked with garlic and tomato and olive oil). I'm also going to try making a clam dip.... I have all the ingredients, and that should be easy to mix up. If it doesn't taste right, then it won't find its way to the dining room table tonight.

Back to the kitchen I go....... just two more things to do in there, then I'll walk Gracie before I start getting myself ready. I haven't figured out what I'm wearing tonight, so that means there will be at least three outfits tossed on my bed before I finally decide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home