Sprinkles

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Rhinestones and Piano Lessons

Piano.......... I keep struggling with these new notes....... not to mention sharps and flats........ so many keys, not enough time. Never enough hours in the day. Piano lesson tomorrow... I don't feel as if I'm ready for the lesson. But I'll go...... and suggest to K that we start all over at the beginning of the book, or close to it. She will think I've lost my mind.

It amazes me how I can play some songs from beginning to end without a single mistake and then I can't get past the first few measures in another (simpler!) song without either hitting the wrong key or not knowing which key to hit. Whose idea was it to take piano lessons in the first place? (Mine.) Oh.

Rhinestones....... I've been looking on eBay for rhinestone brooches. I could kick myself for selling some of my vintage rhinestone brooches on eBay a few years ago. I had stopped wearing the larger ones and they sold for nice prices, but now I wish I had them. The newer brooches at the jewelry shows are very pretty, but most of the rhinestones are just glued in. And those that are glued usually come un-glued.

The vintage rhinestone brooches have hand-sent stones, and the best of the best are the Eisenbergs. Without a doubt, their designs are always spectacular... the prettiest of all the "vintage" designers. And the bidding on eBay has no limit. Amazing to see the final prices of some of those pieces. I have a list of ones I'd like to bid on...... I keep watching the auctions..... then I usually don't bid because the prices go too high.

I found two Eisenberg brooches at J's shop last week, and I knew the dealer who was selling them, so she gave me an excellent discount if I bought both of them, which I did. So now I have a red Eisenberg and a clear Eisenberg. I've got my eye on a pink, a blue, a green, and an orange.
An Eisenberg brooch in every color.... as long as the bids don't get too crazy. I may re-think that orange one..... it would be nice to wear for our Halloween party, but how many other times during the year would I wear orange?

----- After all of our sunny and warm days, today has been cloudy and cold. Time to get the sweaters out again. I can't stand this hot-one-day, cold-the-next-day weather. Summer can't be more than a heart-beat away.......... I'm so ready for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home