Sprinkles

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Sunday Stuffing

My husband made a fresh batch of oyster stuffing yesterday, so that's what I've been eating. I'm still sick, but thankfully, my taste buds are still working. Yesterday, A's husband brought me some of A's homemade lentil soup, and I had some of that at 3:00 this morning when I couldn't sleep. I feel better than I did yesterday, but this cold is still with me.

Just as I thought, my husband is now coughing and sneezing a little. Impossible for two people to live in the same house and not share cold germs. Hopefully, the germs that got him won't be so cruel. Men turn into babies when they're sick. Any woman will tell you that, and every man will deny it.

The tree in the living room is still undecorated, except for one strand of bubble lights and the Roy Rogers star on the top. My husband had started putting up the lights, but he wasn't feeling well enough to continue. As for the gold star... it really did belong to Roy Rogers and Dale Evans. I bought it on eBay a few years ago, when Roy & Dale's children were auctioning off items from the family ranch. This star is a smaller-size replica of the huge gold star that was affixed to the roof of their ranch, and they used this star as their Christmas tree-topper for years. I was thrilled to win the bidding on it and I gave it to my husband for Christmas that year. We never pack it away, either... I keep it displayed on our mantel all year long.

Gorgeous day outside today... sunny and warm and a little breezy. I stayed inside, though, except for the little bit that I spent out on the porch. I slept half of the morning, and half of the afternoon, being that I slept very little last night. I didn't even get into the bed last night. I tried sleeping on the living room sofa, just to avoid giving my husband any more germs. ShadowBaby curled up with me, and slept on my shoulder. AngelBoy fell asleep on one of the chairs and stayed there all night long. Rusty wanted no part of me-- he went out on the porch. And Gracie went into the bedroom with my husband... guess she didn't want to hear me coughing either.

That's been about the day. Feels like it's been a lost weekend, which it really has. I am so glad that I got all the favors together for the Christmas party before we left for that trip to St. Thomas. I wouldn't have been a happy camper if I'd had to take care of those now while I'm not feeling so great. As it is, I'll be having to shop for food and desserts for the party, so I hope this cold/flu/whatever is on its way out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home