Sprinkles

Friday, December 15, 2017

Manilow is coming to town....

...and he’s checking his list to see who’s been naughty and who’s been nice.... and who gets seats closest to the stage....

A Christmas miracle.... after announcing a couple of years ago that he would be retiring from concert tours, Barry Manilow will be in concert in Sugar Land, Texas, this coming February.  What a great way to start the New Year!  My husband has already bought our tickets and I am counting the days till February.

We had gone to see Manilow in Houston two years ago, for what we thought was his last concert in our city... it was a wonderful but bittersweet night, listening to Barry and thinking I wouldn’t be seeing him on stage again. I have lost count of how many times we have gone to his shows... mostly front-row seats... in New York City, on Long Island, at the Hilton in Las Vegas, and so many venues all over the Houston area, and we once missed him by a day in London.

And now Manilow will come back to Texas... yes, Virginia, there is a Santa.

Until then... I sit here with a very bad cold.... I got sick the day after our Christmas party and the coughing and sneezing and what-have-you has been relentless. I hate being sick... such a waste of time... and I am a bad patient because I refuse to give in and it’s hard to just sit still and be sick.

I have been reading Christmas books, one after the other... thinking of Christmases gone by... if you think too much, it gets you sad. So just keep reading.

Think of something else.... such as what to wear for the Manilow concert.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home