Sprinkles

Monday, February 20, 2017

Pouring rain....

...and it's been raining since one o'clock this morning. Thankfully, we haven't had any problems with the roof since those repairs were completed a few months ago. Every time it rains, though, we do check the windows in the kitchen to see if anything is dripping down. Not a drop. There is a roof-god after all.

Boo-Kitty is still hanging around the porch, getting very friendly and enjoying cans of Fancy Feast and bowls of Meow Mix. I have made an appointment to get Boo-Kitty fixed, and ever since I phoned the vet and booked that appointment, Boo-Kitty has been disappearing from the yard. He is here on most days, but if I had to bet, I would say that on Wednesday morning this week, that cat will not be here. I've already told the vet that I may have to cancel the appointment and re-schedule if Boo-Kitty goes AWOL on that day.

We had a quiet Valentine's Day here.... went out for lunch and that was that.  I didn't even bother to put up the little decorated Valentine trees, and I will probably ask Miss C if she would like those, or I will just sell them in my booth at the antique shop. I went through my box of Valentine decorations and picked out some pretty things to send to my cousin's daughter in Chicago... she loved them, and sent me a long eMail when she opened the package.

My cousin F will be the mother-of-the-bride this coming December.... her daughter got engaged on Valentine's Day. Phone calls and eMails have been flying back and forth among the cousins... no one except the bride wants a winter wedding. Well, the bride knows what she wants, and that's that... and I doubt very much that we will fly up to NY in the middle of winter for that wedding. Well, we'll see... it's a long way off, and invitations aren't even in the printing stage yet, so we'll wait and see which date the bride and groom have chosen.

It doesn't look like the rain is going to quit anytime soon. Savannah gets highly insulted when I take her out in the yard and her paws get wet on the rain-soaked grass. She either stands there and looks around the yard, or she will find a puddle and splash into it. I guess she doesn't mind soaking-wet paws as long as its her own idea to get them wet. This morning when I took her outside, she looked at me with such a pitifully pathetic stare, as if to say "You woke me up for this?"  Savannah is very much the doggie-diva of this house.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home