Sprinkles

Sunday, January 22, 2017

"You want a what?"

That's about what my husband said to me when I told him that I would like an iPad for my birthday. He asked what I would like... and I told him... and I guess he was surprised that I wanted to join the 21st century of the computer world. I understood his surprise, being that I still use a flip-phone and not an iPhone.  (All I want is a cell phone, not a little machine filled with bells and whistles that I will probably never use.)

So my husband has been on the search for the perfect iPad. We looked at the big-box stores.... and I have to say that I couldn't get out of Best Buy quick enough. I hated the look and feel of that store, and even though the staff was plentiful and very helpful, all of their suggestions floated off into the atmosphere on the notes of the worst excuse for 'music' that I've ever heard in my life. If I never ever go into a Best Buy store again, it will be too blessed soon.

We went to the local AT&T store, where I did find the perfect iPad, both in features and in size. (And that store was blessedly quiet, and also filled with efficient and friendly staff.) I knew, however, that we wouldn't be buying anything right then and there, because my husband's shopping methods are much different than mine.  He noted the style, color, model of the unit I wanted, and then he did some research. As a result, he saved over $300 and got more data than was originally offered. They are shipping the iPad to our home, and it will be here on Friday.

I had suggested to my husband that he might want an iPad of his own, and he declined the suggestion, his reason being that he's at a computer all day in his office at the university, as well as using three computers and one laptop in his office here at home. He said he doesn't want to have "a pocket-sized computer to take with him on the go."  Well... that's exactly why I wanted the iPad.... how wonderful it's going to be to have my Pinterest page with me when I'm in a bookstore... all of my book 'boards' right there in my purse, so I will know which books I have, which books I'm looking for, which books I've read this past year and which books I read decades ago.

I'm hoping that the learning curve for this iPad isn't too dreadful. My cousin F tells me that she taught herself how to use her own iPad and she swears that if she could do it, so can I.  Well, we'll see about that.  I have a feeling that I will be visiting the local AT&T store every week until I have mastered the art of the iPad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home