Sprinkles

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Hammering? What hammering?

And so it begins....

The construction guy, a la Ken doll, called me this morning to tell me that he wouldn't be able to start work on the gazebo tomorrow morning as planned.  Why am I not surprised?

It seems that the job he and his crew on working on now has come up with some problems.... they need more concrete... the concrete truck can only be there tomorrow and he has to be there when they arrive.

"Would it be alright if I call you on Thursday afternoon or Friday morning to let you know when I'll be out your way to start on that gazebo?"

Sure. Fine. What can I say?  I know about those concrete trucks... when you order a concrete delivery you are on their time, not your own... and if you can't be there for delivery, they'll go on to some other location and you get put back on the bottom of their list.

So the Ken doll won't be here tomorrow. I should have mentioned that schedule change to my neighbors... most of the ladies around here were planning to bring their lawn chairs and watch him working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home