Sprinkles

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Dress shopping...

I haven't bought a dress in the longest time.... at least a couple of years, when friend V's daughter got married. And the time before that was when another friend's son got married. When I was working, I bought dresses and skirts all the time, and heels to go with them. Shoes.... so many shoes filled my closet when I was working, all of them heels. City dresses, city shoes. Those were the days...

Two things coming up that are calling out for a dress.... our Halloween party--- I intend to wear a Downton Abbey-style dress.... and a friend's daughter is getting married early next summer.  The wedding will be Gatsby-ish.... which screams out for a Gatsby-style dress. And shoes.... shoes for both dresses, unless I can possibly find a dress which is appropriate for both occasions.

With that in mind, I went to one of the local shops on Main Street this morning. Every little town must have a Main Street... it's in the rule book somewhere.  Friend C told me about this particular shop a while back, and I just never got around to going in there. Today was the day... I was in town early to do other errands, and as I drove on Main Street, there was an open parking space right in front of that store. Being a small town with small streets, those parking spaces fill up quickly after 10:30 each morning.

The clothing store was larger than it appeared from the outside, and very well organized... skirts and tops, slacks and jackets, suits and dresses, and lots of accessories... everything in its place and a place for everything. Even the dressing rooms were nicely decorated and had chairs to put your clothes and purse on, instead of just hooks on the walls.

I found a two-piece outfit that is definitely Gatsby-ish, and almost Downton Abbey-ish, and with their half-price sale that was going on today, I couldn't pass it up. If I don't wear this dress to the wedding in June, I can certainly use it for the Downton Abbey outfit in October.  So that dress is hanging in the closet, but I intend to keep looking for other options for the wedding.

I was so impressed with the store that I asked the manager for business cards to give to the 'Waldorf Wednesdays' ladies, so they could come and check out that store as well, if they hadn't already been there.  The manager gave me a stack of 50%-off coupons to give to my "group of tea ladies," as she called them, so tomorrow I will have those coupons on the dining room table.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home