Sprinkles

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Can't sleep...

...and it's three o'clock in the morning.

So... what's new?

I found a new website called "The Literature Network."  You can put in a title or an author's name and out pops all the information you need to know, and then some.  I was recently looking for books by Booth Tarkington... and read that two of his novels won Pulitzer prizes. And I had no idea that one of those novels ("Alice Adams") had been made into a movie starring Katherine Hepburn.

When we went to Walmart this afternoon, I bought a cat toy by a company called Smarty Kat (I do so hate it when the English language is mangled with totally ridiculous misspellings). The toy is called "Hot Pursuit" and I discovered it at a friend's house this week. She told us all that her cat loves that toy so much that he's already worn one out and she had to replace it. Of course, after that endorsement, how could I not buy one for our inside cat Sweet Pea?

This toy has a little round battery-powered motor in the center of it which controls a plastic wand that revolves around the motor like a clock-hand. The wand itself is mostly hidden under fabric (also round so it covers the motor).... the wand goes round and round with just a couple of inches sticking out from under the fabric, the cat goes nuts trying to catch it.  Two attachments came with the toy..... one with colored feathers at the end of the wand, and the other with just a red plastic tip on the end.  Sweet Pea quickly learned how to detach the feathered wand, and he proudly brought it to my husband to show him his prize.  I re-attached the plain wand to the toy and that one was harder for Sweet Pea to pull off the motor.  I can already see that the money spent on Hot Pursuit was well spent, and Sweet Pea will be entertained for hours a day...... after his initial adventure with the new toy this afternoon, he slept for three hours. Actually, he would do that anyway, with or without the toy.

It is three-thirty in the morning..... this is crazy. I need to get some sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home