Sprinkles

Monday, January 21, 2013

The library is open....

My husband was able to find the last four bookcases at another store in Clear Lake.... and we put them together this past weekend.  14 bookcases up in the newly christened library now, and there are no longer piles of books on the new carpeting up there. 

So many bookcases... for fiction..... for the home decorating books, for entertaining.... for travel books and seasonal books, non-fiction bookcases, with the books on the British Royals having their own space....... everything so easy to find, and I've already paged through books I hadn't looked at in a few years just because they were buried on the bottom shelf of end-tables around the house.  My husband calls me on my cell phone at times when I'm up there to ask if the library is open to the general public.

Such a pretty and cozy room up there...... I knew it would make the perfect library the minute I saw that room in its unfinished state when we first saw this house.  What once looked so dark and dreary and uninspiring is now a glorious Library. With a capital L, if you please.

Our cold weather has left us, finally.... and we've had some very pretty sunny and warm days. I've been able to put the cats out in the coop and they're watching the birds and climbing the ladder and they don't seem to want to come back into the house at the end of the day.  I still won't let Mickey and Sweet Pea roam around the property..... Sweet Pea gets himself up on the roof of the house and can't get down, and Mickey wanders further than our own property---- both of those inside cats have no common cat-sense when they get outdoors.

We've already had an evening of Valentine card-making.... J and J and S......... the four of us sitting around my dining room table surrounded by papers and scissors and Valentine cut-outs, and (from S) googly-eyes for cards for their grandchildren.  We all laughed like kids ourselves when we saw those plastic googly-eyes..... and some of those crazy eyes had long eyelashes.   And S showed us how to make a cat-face using three hearts.... so of course I had to make one of those for my cousin F.

Valentine's Day isn't that far off......... we're having our annual Valentine Party, except I'm calling it the "February Feast Potluck Dinner," since some of our friends here aren't really into Valentine's Day. The invitations say:  "A Hoot 'n Holler."  Now if that isn't a country-invite, I don't know what is. So sayeth this city-girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home