Sprinkles

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Back to Sacramento.... and then home.

We left Yosemite and headed once more for Sacramento... stopped at the little fruit market along the way (prices on the pistachio nuts were still over the moon but we bought a small package).  Stopped for lunch at Giusti's again.... still crowded there... not with a Mother's Day crowd, but with men of all ages, trying to out-talk each other as they waited for their lunch.  I was the only female in the place, besides the waitresses.

Our last night in Sacramento was at Amber House Bed & Breakfast not far from The Capital building.  The B&B was a restored Victorian, built in 1895.  The stained glass windows and original wood floors and the stairways... similar to our own..... but the rooms weren't as large.  I read the Guests' Comment Book that was in our room..... read it from cover to cover while my husband took a nap after all that driving.  The B&B's guests were overwhelmed by all of the Victorian touches around the house... how sleeping there was a luxury they wanted to repeat.... the quaintness of the B&B was something they wished they could have on a daily basis.  Reading that book, and adding my own comments, made me want to be home.... and also reminded me how lucky we are to be living in this type of historic home. (That lucky feeling usually goes away when I see a snake out by the chicken coop.)

We walked around Sacramento that afternoon, stopping at a cafe for dinner..... and walked through a very pretty park near the Capital building.  Not much to do there for us (after all we did in San Diego and Yosemite) but our time was limited, my husband was tired from the driving, and I was tired from dealing with a cold for the past five days.  And after walking through the B&B rooms, I was just ready to be home in our own hundred-yr-old Victorian.

Two more silver charms for my 'travel charm bracelet'--- a tiny panda bear from the San Diego Zoo, and a charm of Yosemite Falls. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home