Sprinkles

Monday, February 06, 2012

Go Giants! and Go Scarlett!

We watched the Giants win the SuperBowl last night, along with friends J&J on their mega-sized television.... they invited some of the other neighbors as well, and it turned into a potluck football party-dinner. I didn't much pay attention to the game, and I only saw a few of the commercials.... I was busy talking to the ladies the whole night long. Mostly, the guys watched the game, and the ladies 'visited.'

J arranged a guessing game, with everyone giving their best guess which team would be ahead by how many points at half-time..... the prize was a brand new football. Then as everyone was leaving at the end of the night, we all got to pick a pet-sized football as we said good-night. I picked a color that I thought the cats would like, and Sweet Pea and Mickey have been batting that little football around our TV room since last night.

This morning after our usual walk, I went to clean the coop and there was an egg in one of the nesting boxes.... a pretty brown egg, so I know it's from Scarlett. She's been laying eggs again, and so has PittyPat. Not every day, but every other day..... maybe the hens were on Christmas Break with their egg-laying, and now they're coming back slowly to their regular schedule. Sure is nice to find those eggs again....... the store-bought eggs with their pale yellow yolks and runny whites are just no match for fresh-laid eggs.

I decided to paint the laundry room this morning, and I was determined to get it done. I figured that wouldn't be so hard to do, given the small size of the room. That was one of the compromises when we found this house...... I had visions of a huge laundry room with an ironing board that would fold up into the wall. Not in this house. The previous owners took the original pantry of this hundred-yr-old house and turned it into a small laundry room off the kitchen. Very convenient location, but a very small room. Oh well.

It was easy to paint because it went quickly, but it was also a royal pain to paint because of its small size. No place to turn, no place to move......... but my husband put a long thick board on top of the washer and dryer so I was able to stand on that to get up to the top of the walls. I had no intention of moving the washer/dryer out of the room.... I painted around them, as far as I could reach. When it comes time to replace those machines, then I will just paint the walls back there. I know it was the easy way out, but I just couldn't see moving those machines out of the way for the bottom half of that wall.

But... the room is done, and looks great..... now I'll be on the look-out for laundry room pictures to hang up in there. Shouldn't be hard to find.... I've already found a vintage advertising sign, with two cats wearing turn-of-the-century hats. When the paint is all dry later on this afternoon, I will hang that up so I'll have something cute to look at when I'm folding clothes in there.

We're getting ready for our Valentine party this weekend..... the house has been decorated since the beginning of January... red hearts all over the living room and dining room, with a few tossed into the kitchen and breakfast room. Tossed? How about artistically placed? Valentine's Day is a fun holiday, as long as you don't get stuck in a crowded restaurant with a so-so menu and way too many people waiting to be seated for dinner. (Which is why we like to have our Valentine celebrations right here at home.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home