Sprinkles

Monday, January 09, 2012

"Same Kind of Different As Me"

I've been reading that book..... I found it in the thrift store, and picked it up just because its cover caught my attention. It's a true story, with photographs in the back of book showing you the people in the story. Between the cover artwork and the photographs, I just had to read this book. And I have been....... last night I had to put the book down for a bit and walk away from it. The story got a bit intense, which I knew it would.... I knew what would happen to the woman in the story and the sadness of it all was hard to read at parts.

"Same Kind of Different As Me" is a story of love and friendship, trust and dignity. If this book teaches you anything at all, it will teach you the value of not judging anyone but yourself. Unless you can truly walk around in another person's shoes and truly feel what they've been carrying around in their soul, then you really have no idea, no idea whatsoever, why they are the way they are, and why they think differently than you do. The conclusions you may come to about their decisions will most likely have no place in their lives.

I looked on the Internet this morning to see if Ron Hall and Denver Moore had written another book...... and they did-- the title is "What Difference Do It Make?" I found the book on Half.com and ordered it already. My chances of finding their second book in the thrift shop would be slim, and I don't want to miss reading their 'lessons.'


And today's lesson...... don't walk in the pouring rain, especially when the sky is sending down thunder and lightning. That's what is happening out there this morning. Walking has been suspended for a while, until the sun comes out and the sky turns blue and the weather gets more civilized out there. However... we need the rain, so that's not a complaint.

I will finish that book today..... "Same Kind of Different As Me." It's going to be hard to let go of these people and their story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home