Sprinkles

Friday, December 16, 2011

Sick. Sick. Sick.

There was no question in my mind that I would catch my husband's cold..... he got sick after the Christmas party.... I was fine. Until yesterday. Then the cold germs descended and decided to stay.

I hate being sick... such a waste of time. And you never get back wasted time. Once it's gone, it's just gone. I spent an unproductive day in the TV room, watching TV, going through half a box of tissues, and alternately having either Sweet Pea, Mickey, or Gatsby on my lap.

At one point, Gatsby curled up on my chest and put one of his huge paws on my throat. "Are you trying to kill me, Gatsby.... I'm having a hard time breathing as it is." Sweet Pea was gentler.... he curled up on the side of me and put his head on my leg and looked at me with that cute upside-down look that cats give you when they're either thinking "You're mine, mine, mine and I love you to bits...." or "I'm hungry, starving, weak from not eating since this morning and if you don't open up a can of Fancy Feast soon, I will shred this sofa to bits...."

And Mickey.... he walked along the back of the sofa and curled his front paws around my head and sat there with his face buried in my hair. I could hear him purring as my neck got stiff from not being able to move for twenty minutes.

As sunny and warm as yesterday was, today was cloudy and cool..... a real 'sick day.' I went outside twice today..... this morning to let the chickens into their little fenced-in yard, and this afternoon to lock the gate of their coop. I had let them out earlier this morning but then saw a hawk flying low over the yard so I ran back outside to get the hens inside the picket fence. I guess that means I was outside three times today. Each time, the fresh air seemed to clear up my runny nose. Had it been warmer, and sunnier, I would have sat out on the porch in the sun and let the sunlight soak into me.

Oh well... tomorrow is another day. Hopefully, this cold will be on the way out... out of my nose, out of my head, and out of this house.

Only nine more days till Christmas. Cough. Sneeze. Sniffle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home