Sprinkles

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Re-connecting...

The surprise letter from my friend J in England got me to thinking about my old high school friend V....... she and I were best friends for each of the four years in high school, and then we lost touch with one another within two years after graduation.

From time to time over the years, I had tried to find V.... never was successful. When our high school class had their 25th reunion some years ago, I tried then to find out what happened to her. Couldn't find a thing. This time, though, I asked for my husband's help, computer-wizard that he is. And wouldn't you know........ it took him less than an hour and he thought he found the right V on the Internet.

I sent a letter off to the address he pulled up on the computer, hoping against hope that it would get to the right person. In the letter, I sent my eMail address for a quick contact. The letter did indeed get to the right V ("I'm your V!" she wrote back in an eMail). In fact, when V saw my letter in her stack of mail, her first thought was that the handwriting looked familiar........ and when she saw my return address on the envelope, she said she had tears in her eyes when she realized the letter was from me. She said she had tried to find me from time to time over the years, but it just didn't work out.

We eMailed one another during the week, and we spoke on the phone for two hours this afternoon. And just like that, it was like the past years just disappeared and we were just L and V, together again, as if we'd never lost touch. I invited her here, she invited me there....... we will keep in touch now with eMails and phone calls.....

This has been a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home