Sprinkles

Monday, February 07, 2011

Pump this...

Where to begin.... well, let's see. The temperature is warmer, so that's on the plus side. The wind has kicked up, so that's on the minus side. The handle on the water-well pump-thing seems to be working, so that's a plus. And that's about the end of the plus-items. On the minus list.... there is a broken and/or frozen pipe on the house, the cottage, the barn. Translation: even though we can turn the water-well pump to the 'on' position, the water isn't flowing into the house. Ditto for the cottage and the barn.

My husband went underneath the house-- copper pipes at the problem area, so he couldn't fix that. Same story for the cottage and the barn. Translation: call the plumber. The plumber didn't answer the phone on Saturday. Sunday was SuperBowl-- fat chance of getting a plumber out here on that day. This morning, my husband got hold of the plumber. He was all booked up today and will plan on being here tomorrow. Plan on being here tomorrow? I hope that translates into I will definitely be there tomorrow.

Give me a blessed break. It's been a cranky few days..... between my back ache and the plumbing problem, all I've been doing is sitting in the TV room with the cats, either reading my books or watching Say Yes To The Dress, Cake Boss, or Paula Deen's Best Dishes. I've come to the conclusion that brides don't know what they're in for after that one day of dressing up like a princess from head to toe. Of course they're going to say Yes! to their beautiful dress. But will they say Yes! to five days without running water in the middle of 23 acres in the Hill Country of Texas?!

The Cake Boss show.... I love that program. It's about a big Italian family working in their Hoboken New Jersey bakery.... they work, they argue, they bake cakes, they yell, but in the end, they're all together as a family. No one seems to hold a grudge. Miracle of miracles. As for Paula Deen and her best dishes--- all of Paula Deen's recipes look wonderful. We have been to Savannah and we ate in her restaurant every night-- it was just that good. But I don't want to follow Miss Paula's recipes in my own kitchen... too much butter, too much mayonnaise, too much everything-- no wonder it's all so good.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the day. I have three loads of laundry to do.... the dishwasher is filled.... my hair needs to be washed. I have not been to town since this whole water-thing started. And when I do go into town, it will be a grocery-shopping trip because we're still planning to have the Valentine's lunch on Sunday. My back is nearly 100% better now.... all we need is the running water..... and then I won't have to call up the neighbors and tell them we'll have to cancel this weekend's lunch. I would hate to do that, but if everything isn't turned on and running properly by Thursday, then Valentine's Day will have to wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home