Sprinkles

Monday, November 29, 2010

Cyber Monday (?)

My cousin F told me that the Monday after Thanksgiving weekend is called Cyber Monday because everyone does most of their on-line shopping on this day. Have I been living in that much of a bubble? I've never heard of Cyber Monday. Nor did I spend any part of today shopping on line.

We drove up to College Station today.... my husband was in search of a part for his computer, after discovering a virus had attacked his machine at five o'clock this morning. Gets him crazy, that people will take that much time to make those virus things...... he can fix the problems, but it takes a good amount of time to do it, and all those hours are just wasted. This town doesn't have any big computer outlets, so College Station was the closest place to try... and even they didn't have what he needed. It will have to wait till he drives into Clear Lake. Until then, he's using his older, slower computer, which is virus-free.

The Hullabaloo Diner is closed on Mondays, so we couldn't go there for lunch. We tried one of the Chinese restaurants up there, and it was pretty good. Good for Texas Chinese food, that is.... not good for NY Chinese food. After you've had Chinese food in NY, nothing else can compare. Unless, of course, you travel to China, I would imagine. We went to San Francisco years ago, and everyone told us they had the best Chinese food there, but we both thought that NY's Chinese restaurants were much better. (My apologies to San Francisco.)

Neighbors J & J came over for tea and cake tonight..... they brought us the cinnamon cake yesterday, as a thank-you to my husband for wrapping up their water pipes while they were away for Thanksgiving. J told my husband he will now have to re-wrap some of their other pipes because the ones that my husband did were perfectly neat and precise.

We've been talking about Christmas here..... telling J & J about our parties back at the old house. J nearly fell out of her shoes when we told her about our big parties with live music, 12-ft-trees, and 50 friends and neighbors coming together for a holiday Open House. J is not big on entertaining, and she gets very nervous and anxious when just a few people come to her house. She said she would have to run away from home if 50 people were invited to her house.

At least we're talking about a holiday party now..... so maybe we'll end up having one after all. (I'm waiting for my husband to tell me But the party won't be the same....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home