Sprinkles

Friday, February 27, 2009

Go Texan Day.

The rodeo festivities have started, and today is "Go Texan Day." Everyone dresses up in every bit of denim, turquoise and silver that they have on this day. I remembered this morning what day it was, but by the time I had breakfast and read the paper, I forgot what to wear when I took clothes out of my closet. (Hmmm.... I wonder what Stacy and Clinton would think of Go Texan Day?) But I did have jeans on today, so I was half Texan. I have a denim jacket-blouse that's covered in silver do-dads, beaded fringe and turquoise embellishments--- my great two dollar estate sale treasure that comes out of the closet just a couple of times a year.

The barbeque cook-offs began a few days ago, and the rodeo fairgrounds are filled with smokers, grills, and hundreds of chefs cooking their little Texan hearts out to win one of the prizes. I would bet that all of the neighborhoods surrounding the rodeo grounds are saturated with barbeque-sauce and grilling-spice aromas. Sort of like here when our next-door neighbor B gets out his grill. We call it a Bob-be-que, since his name is Bob. He loves to barbeque, and he's always cooking some sort of meat on that grill. As soon as he starts cooking the meat, our back porch fills up with a delicious spicy aroma that even makes me hungry-- and I don't eat meat.

Gorgeous day today...... summer is here....... but the weatherman has promised us one more cold snap which will last either one day or two, depending on which way the wind is blowing. Even with all the equipment these weathermen have, they still have to make an educated guess.

Our dining room table is coming back today.... the famous B told me this morning that he would be here sometime after 2:00. I spoke to him this morning, after he brought his cat to the vet, before he got to his shop, and before he was due to take his truck in for an inspection. I love how business is done here, honestly.... B quoted us a price on refinishing the table, took it on out of here without so much as a deposit or a work order, and will bring it back today as long as his cat is feeling better (which I can relate to) and after he gets his truck out of the repair garage. And if I don't make it to your house today, little lady, then you can bet the farm that you'll see me tomorrow, bless your heart. (He didn't really say that, but I know that sentence was on the tip of his tongue.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home