Sprinkles

Friday, February 20, 2009

Disappearing week...

How did it get to be Friday already? I swear, the older you get, the faster the calendar moves. Aunt Dolly used to always say that when I was a kid... now I know what she meant.

We have a nearly-empty dining room this week. The dining room table is in a wood-working shop for a few days, being refinished. The table belonged to my husband's mom and over the years had collected quite a few stains, scratches and unidentifiable marks-- so scarred that we always had to keep it covered with a tablecloth. I finally called the locally famous BLC in his wood-working shop and he came here to pick up the table and do his magic with it. When he brings it back, it will look brand new. I'm sure that when the "like new" table is brought back and set up against the chairs, I will be heading out to the fabric store to find new material for the seats.

Speaking of seats, one of the springs underneath the cushion of my desk chair snapped--- which is what I get for using it as a step-stool. Now I'm on the look-out for a new desk chair. Not a really new one, since my writing desk is an antique. I've browsed around the biggest consignment shop here, and there are still a few more to look through. I'm sure I will find an antique-y chair to go with my antique desk. If not, then I will just have this one repaired-- but I know the cost of the repair will far exceed the value of the chair, so I hesitate to do it.

All the Valentine decorations have been taken down and packed away in the closet. The last things to come down were the red and pink hearts and balloons on the front porch. Actually, I had forgotten all about them. A few days after I de-Valentined the inside of the house, I realized that the front porch was still covered in hearts. I took two of the heart-shaped balloons and released them into the sky.... up they went, taken by the gulf breeze and they went bouncing along towards the clouds. Valentine's Day is officially over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home