Sprinkles

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Red shoes.

Nothing perks up a cloudy day like a new pair of red shoes. And today was a cloudy day, with enough gray in the sky to look like rain. Yesterday was cloudy also. I couldn't stand one more day of just waiting for the rain to fall, so I got in my car and went to Marshall's.

I needed a new carry-on suitcase, and this is the time to buy them--- all the stores have lots to choose from. In a month or so, there will be precious few colors and styles. Lots of black and brown and beige today, and one that was black/white/gray-- interesting design but very busy. At the bottom of the display was one gorgeous carry-on in a silver blue color---- perfect size, lots of pockets inside and outside, and marked down to $29.00...... how could that be? It was perfect in every way, so I wasn't going to question the price.

Being that I saved so much money on the suitcase, I drove to Shoe Cents..... my favorite shoe store because you can buy excellent quality shoes at bargain-basement prices. I needed two pairs of flats for the summer, one pair black, one pair white..... found them both, then turned around and saw the cutest pair of red heels. Cranberry-apple red, open toes, closed backs, and just about a two-and-a-half-inch heel----- pretty, comfy, and perfectly red.

Between the suitcase and the shoes, plus a lampshade for the yard-sale brass lamp that I found for the screen-porch, the small trunk in my little car was just about full. That's the downside of a two-seater car..... you can't do all that much damage when you go out shopping. (I wonder if my husband knew how small that trunk was before he surprised me with that car......)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home