Sprinkles

Friday, April 18, 2008

The Italian restaurant.....

We went out for dinner last night..... to "our" once-very-favorite Italian restaurant. This is the third time we've been back there now. The food is always good.... we're careful with ordering the "Special Menu" items because we just think they're over-priced (downtown prices in a local restaurant).

I just can't get used to the new location of that restaurant, I guess. The restaurant itself is larger than their old place, the decor is a mix of contemporary and classic (a kind way of saying that it's an uncomfortable mix of styles). The booths are too high, with cushioned seats aren't comfy at all. The tables are too "out in the open" in the middle of the floor, but the wooden chairs have soft leather seats.

Bottom line..... the old place was small and cozy, the wait-staff was excellent (especially our friend K)........ and this new place is just that-- too new. And too large. Going to the old restaurant was a night out.... we were there for more than two hours. Having dinner at the new place is just that-- having dinner.

Oh well.... it is what it is. The food is good and I don't have to cook. And I come home with half of my dinner in a little white to-go box, so I don't have to make anything for myself the next night either.


Pouring rain this morning.... raining so hard that the noise of the rain on the porch roof woke me up before dawn. I got out of bed and let Mickey Kitty back into the house---- he was out on the screen-porch during that rain, and I know he's afraid of hard rain, plus there was thunder and lightning as well. When I go to bed at night, I have to remember which cats are in the house, and who's on the porch.

These days, AngelBoy is always on the porch. It makes me sad, to see his little blue-eyed face staring at me through the breakfast room windows. Once in a while, he'll give me a sad little meow, but I think he's used to being out there now. I sit on the porch with him during the day, so it's not like he's in solitary confinement or anything. Plus, at any given time of the day, one of the other cats is out there with him, or Gracie is out there on the porch as well.

I have to admit that it's easier without AngelBoy in the house. I don't spend any time looking for him in the house..... he's on the porch and that's it for now. Used to be, I had to make sure I knew exactly where he was when he was inside, just because I didn't trust him to do the "right thing." It's strange that when AngelBoy is on the screen-porch, he always uses the litter boxes out there. Only when he's in the house does he go outside the box. Strange cat, that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home