Sprinkles

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Morning

Woke up to a cloudy, drippy day this morning...... not warm either.... around 60 degrees or so. We had this same weather yesterday, but it was colder last night so I kept the cats in the house. Mickey Kitty and ShadowBaby in our bedroom (both of them sharing my pillow) and AngelBoy in the laundry room. I tried to keep ShadowBaby in the laundry room as well, but he doesn't like being in there and he kept banging his paws on the door. (Who said cats were easier than dogs?)

My husband and I opened our gifts last night and had a very nice Christmas Eve. I had bought him two jackets, a black leather and a brown suede. I couldn't make up my mind, so I bought them both and left the tags on. He loved the black leather, but the jury is still out on the brown suede. I'm hoping he'll keep both of them, but we'll see.

I also bought him "Super Scrabble." The board is bigger, there are 200 letter-tiles (instead of 100), and the board has quadruple-score squares. We love playing that game, so I figured this would be a good challenge. (Translation: he can win with more points.)

Also under the tree for him was a tool box, complete with some real tools, as opposed to just having a couple of cheap screwdrivers and a hammer in this house. I figured it was about time for him to have one of those, and I knew he wouldn't go out and get it himself. Plus, now we'll have the tools we really need to put the bicycles together for Elves & More next year.

My husband gave me a fire bowl for the lake house. We had seen those up in the Hill Country this summer and I've wanted one for the cottage. It's like an outdoor coffee table, only it's shaped like a large bowl.... you light a fire in the bowl and everyone sits around it and you can enjoy the moon and the stars and the lake. This one has a wrought-iron frame and legs, with a heavy metal bowl. Can't wait to set it up on the patio up at the cottage.

Also under the tree for me was a small-sized food processor..... I've been wanting one of those so we can make fresh pesto sauce. My husband also found me some beautiful blown-glass Christmas ornaments, made in Poland and beautifully painted. And, last but certainly not least... he added to my collection of Lenox Christmas china. I know we only use it in December, but it sure makes the dining room table look extra-special. We also gave each other smaller gifts, like books, and a lighthouse-shaped puzzle to do up at the cottage.

Time to get on with the day here.... I've got a list of last-minute things to do... then I have to get dressed. The rain has quit, and it's looking brighter out there. Maybe we'll have a sunny Christmas after all. Jingle bells, y'all.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home