Sprinkles

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Sunny skies again....

Yesterday's rainstorm was much needed..... I just hope that the places that needed the rain most got some of the downpour. The rains were so heavy here that some schools and businesses closed for the afternoon and evening. Some states get "snow days," we get rain days. And I still have to wonder why the City Powers That Be just don't get working to fix the areas that get flooded each and every blessed time we get these heavy rains.

While we were out yesterday morning, before the rains came, we stopped in at our local Half-Price Bookstore....... so different from the teeny bookshop up near the lake. I found some mystery books for the Halloween party, to put in the gift bags for young Miss C and the three friends that we told her she could invite. I also found a book on Savannah...... a souvenier booklet with lots of beautiful pictures of the city's squares. I had seen that book when we were in Savannah, but didn't get it because even though it was very pretty, I didn't think it was worth the $15 price....... the price at the bookstore yesterday was one dollar. So of course I couldn't leave it there. We loved that trip to Savannah...... such a pretty city, with all those beautiful homes.

The one thing that I had wanted to look for in the bookstore yesterday was a "Scrabble" dictionary. We have one here that we use all the time, but I wanted to get a second copy for Mayberry. We've been playing Scrabble up there every night, and we're using a plain old dictionary, which doesn't have a lot of the two-letter words that the Scrabble dictionary has. I got so busy looking through the clearance racks in the bookstore that I forgot about the dictionary. Back I will have to go......

But not today. I need to get to the post office this morning, with one last eBay package that has to be mailed. And I also need to get to Kroger..... we're out of fruit, orange juice..... and I'm down to very little cough medicine and very few cough drops. This flu still lingers on. I feel good in the morning, tired in the afternoon, then I start coughing at night. I'm still sleeping on three pillows, because I don't feel so congested when I'm raised up like that.

My husband suggested that I may want to see a doctor......... might not be a bad idea, but now that I'm so close to getting rid of this flu, I'm afraid to go into a doctor's office and take the chance of picking up more germs. I think I'm better off just keeping my own flu germs, rather than finding someone else's.

As I type this, Mickey Kitty has wrapped his tiny body around my foot and he's using his little paws to hang on to my ankle. He's such a sweet little cat........ and he still has that sad little meow that got him into this house in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home