Sprinkles

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Surprise Dinner

We went out for dinner tonight, to Babbo Bruno's. Our friend and favorite waitress K was working tonight, and training a new girl. The owner is still planning to move into a larger restaurant on the first of the new year, so they're hiring and training new servers now.

We had a great dinner, as usual (salmon for my husband, shrimp and crab on top of salad for me).... and when the check came, K had written a note on it which read: "This one's on us!" What?! We called her over to the table and she told us that our dinner tonight was a gift from her and her mom. What?!

K told us that both she and her mom have enjoyed all of our parties, and all the party-gifts and holiday gifts we've given them, and they wanted to thank us for our generosity and friendship. Both my husband and I were just overwhelmed.... and we made sure to give K a nice tip as we were leaving. She is such a sweet girl, and she fusses over us every time we go there.

When we got home, I called her mom to thank her, and she said the same thing that K did... that they both truly enjoyed being invited to join the Charades group, that they enjoyed all the party "goodie-bags," and they truly appreciate having us as friends.

Talk about good karma...... as I said, we were just very surprised and overwhelmed.


And, speaking of being overwhelmed..... that's what I've been with AngelBoy lately. I swear, for a prissy, independent cat, he has certainly been very "needy" lately. He keeps following me around the house all day, except for his nap time. And when I leave the house, I will find his favorite red & white checked ribbon-toy left underneath my chair or near whichever door I walked out of. My husband tells me that when I leave the house, AngelBoy walks around here meowing for me.

I think AngelBoy is just happy to have us home. It's been a busy summer.... between the trips to the Hill Country, then to Savannah, then up to Maine.... and then back and forth to Mayberry to set up the cottage..... AngelBoy just likes it better, I think, when all of his little birdies are home in his nest.

It should be interesting to see how AngelBoy (and the other cats) take to their new screen-porch up at Mayberry. I'm hoping that they will all be so happy to be with us up there that they will forgive us for the car ride that they'll have to cope with to get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home