Sprinkles

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sunday Surprises

Gorgeous day today..... blue sky, lots of sun...... over 100 degrees, I'm sure.

Our young Miss C dropped by this morning, along with her mom, to bring us buttermilk-cinnamon muffins that they baked yesterday. C is driving whenever and wherever she can, so of course she drove over here from the other side of the subdivision. Yesterday with her instructor from the driving school, she was on the Gulf Freeway, doing 60 mph. What a kid.... a knew she'd be a "natural" driver (to use my dad's term).

I made tea for the four of us this morning, and we all talked about Mayberry Cottage while we enjoyed the muffins. True to what I had thought, Miss C asked us if she could have the little guest cabin, instead of "just a regular room" in the house. I knew she would like that little cabin when she saw it in the photos, but I had thought she wouldn't fall in love with it till she actually saw it. The little cabin is officially hers, and she's already making a list of what to bring up there.

C is making us two signs for the lake house, both on pieces of driftwood that she's been saving. For the "main" house, the sign will of course read Mayberry Cottage, and for the little one, the sign will proudly proclaim C's Cabin. She is so excited about all of this that she can hardly sit still. Both she and her mom will drive up to the lake with us this week when the engineer meets us there to inspect the house and the property. One more step in the process..... the contracts are all signed, then the inspection this week... then we'll have to wait for the title. That takes the longest, so we're not due for the closing on the property till after mid-July.

The afternoon's surprise was a phone call from my friend F in New York. I didn't expect a call, so it was very much a surprise, and we were on the phone for well over two hours. As always, we picked up where we left off the last time, which is always a comfortable thing to be able to do. We talked about old business from NY, and new business in Texas.... and lots of stuff inbetween. I know my husband must've been wondering what two women can find to talk about for so long a time. Girl stuff, good stuff, funny stuff, memory stuff.... it was all just great.

I spent part of the morning packing a few more boxes for the cottage... amazing what I can take from around this house that will fit up there nicely. I also went through my clothes, picking out things to take up there that I can just leave up there.... tops and slacks and shoes, and even a sweater and a shawl for when it gets cooler. It will be nice to enjoy the lake not only on hot summer days, but also as the weather changes during the year. And young Miss C has already asked us if we could maybe have Thanksgiving dinner up at Mayberry instead of here. Love that child.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home