Sprinkles

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Manilow Wednesday

I'm sitting here wearing my Barry watch, my Barry bracelet, and I am in the Manilow mood. We had such heavy rains this morning-- four inches in just one hour, according to my neighbor and his rain gauge. I've never seen the rainwater so high in the streets here. The curbs were completely covered. Thankfully, when the rain stopped, the water found its way into the storm-drains.

My husband and I were outside after the rain, watching cars trying to drive through the intersection, which seemed to be deeper than the side-streets. My husband was trying to figure out how to get to work. I was trying to figure out where to rent a boat to get us downtown to see Manilow tonight.

But not to worry. The rain has quit and it even looks a little brighter outside. I doubt we'll see the sun today, but I hope not to see more rain. At least it's warm. Still such stupid weather, in my opinion. Definitely un-Texas-like, and un-welcoming for Barry. But this is what we have, so this will just have to do.

I called our friend J this morning, to remind him not to be late this afternoon. Not only will he be on time, but he'll be here earlier than need be. He's leaving his antique shop at 3:00. League City is just twenty minutes from here. He's leaving extra-early just in case he "hits traffic," he said. Whatever.... I'd rather he be here earlier than later.

My husband said this morning that he hoped J didn't leave his concert ticket at home. Not to worry about that either. When J paid us for the ticket, he didn't want to hold it. "You keep it," he said. "I'll get nervous before the concert and either leave it home or forget where I put it." At the time, my husband thought that was crazy. He kept telling me to give him the ticket. But I kept it safe and sound here with all the rest.

So we are set. Not only set but I think me and A and J are going to be like racehorses this afternoon. As soon as my husband says "Okay, let's go," the three of us will run like lunatics to the front door. Lunatics? No.... Manilow-Maniacs. That's what the three of us are. And proud to be, let me tell you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home